We believe in building drivetrains that do not compromise. Our original XX 2x10 and 1x11 drivetrains were also not cross compatible when introduced. Bike riders everywhere embraced these uncompromising solutions. This is no different than Eagle™. Making the parts cross compatible would compromise the ultimate function of the complete system.
Articles in this section
- Can I use other SRAM 1x11 shifters with 12-speed Eagle™?
- Can I use other SRAM 1x11 derailleurs with 12-speed Eagle™ cassette?
- What Eagle™ parts are cross compatible with existing 11-speed SRAM components?
- Since the cable pull ratio is the same (X-Actuation) I should be able to use 11-speed X01 or XX1 parts with 12-speed X01 and XX1 Eagle™ parts right? Is the throw (distance) per shift different?
- Is the 12th gear achieved by pushing the 50-tooth cog over the hub body toward the wheel, or with tighter overall spacing between cogs?
- What is the gear-range difference compared to existing 2x systems, both Shimano and SRAM?
- Can you explain how/why a larger pulley wheel in the Eagle™ RD makes for “crisper, more efficient and quieter” shifting?
- What are the comparative weights of Eagle™ to their non-Eagle™ counterparts (XX1 and X01)?
- How has the Eagle™ shifter changed and improved over previous XX1 and X01 1x11 models?
- How have the Eagle™ X-SYNC2™ chain rings changed?