1x rear derailleurs are either Road or MTB specific. They will not work with any front shifting system- the derailleur will not move in a way that allows for chain movement between front chainrings, as it moves on one axis only- we call this X-HORIZON™. The X-HORIZON™ rear derailleur’s ‘straight parallelogram’ design limits all movement to the horizontal axis, which makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force. For quicker, more exact shifting, the large upper pulley offset design maintains a constant chain gap across all gears. X-HORIZON™ rear derailleurs will not work with a front shifting 2x or 3x system.
Articles in this section
- I want to build a MTB with drop bars for bike packing. Will my road shifter work with my MTB rear derailleur, or vice versa?
- I live in a hilly area and want a drivetrain with 50/34 crankset and a 10-42 cassette. Can I use a 2x front crank with a 1x rear derailleur?
- Can I use an 11 speed MTB shifter on my 2x11 road bike?
- How do I decide what cage size to use in a 2x or 3x MTB drivetrain system?
- I bought a new bike with SRAM Eagle drivetrain, but the B-Adjust tool for Eagle is missing. How do I adjust my derailleur properly?
- My main body spring broke in my rear derailleur. Do you offer this part separately?
- I am looking to upgrade to a wider gear ratio. What cassette size will work with my rear derailleur?
- My SRAM SRT shifter needs replacement. Do you still offer this shifter?
- I have an R2C road TT shifter. Do you offer service kits for this shifter?