The derailleur remains in the gear it was already in when the battery runs out of charge. Batteries are interchangeable between front and rear derailleurs to help get you home if you don’t have a spare battery.
Articles in this section
- Are the front and rear derailleur batteries interchangeable?
- What happens when a battery is low? Will the shifts slow down? Will the shifter work intermittently?
- Will the parts stay “on” when the bike is on my car rack?
- How far can I ride on a fully charged derailleur battery?
- How do I know when to charge the derailleur or replace the shifter batteries?
- What is the warranty on eTap® battery?
- How long do the shifter batteries last?
- Are the shifter batteries rechargeable?
- How long does it take to remove the shifter batteries?
- Do I have to remove the derailleur batteries to charge them?