Hoses are the same, however the fittings are different. SRAM has developed a hose replacement kit that is specific to SRAM RED® eTap® HRD brakes that has all of the correct parts required to replace a brake hose. Fittings are also available for purchase separate from the hose replacement kit. With respect to the new red compression fitting and revised hose barbs, they are backwards compatible with other SRAM and Avid brakes.
Articles in this section
- What is SRAM’s wireless hydraulic disc brake groupset called?
- What is the MSRP for SRAM RED® eTap® HRD?
- What does HRD stand for?
- What is the difference in weight between the mechanical rim brake version of SRAM RED eTap and SRAM RED® eTap® HRD?
- Is there a Force eTap® HRD option available?
- Do eTap® HRD brakes use DOT fluid or mineral oil?
- Why did SRAM choose DOT 5.1 over mineral oil?
- What is the bed-in procedure (brake preparation)?
- Are spare parts available in case the brake is damaged?
- Do the brakes come pre-bled from the factory?