Yes. There are organic and sintered metallic options. Just keep in mind that if you decide to switch pad compounds you should switch rotors as well. This is because brake pads deposit pad material on the rotors that makes the rotors not work properly with dissimilar pad compounds leading to decreased braking power and increased noise.
Articles in this section
- What is SRAM’s wireless hydraulic disc brake groupset called?
- What is the MSRP for SRAM RED® eTap® HRD?
- What does HRD stand for?
- What is the difference in weight between the mechanical rim brake version of SRAM RED eTap and SRAM RED® eTap® HRD?
- Is there a Force eTap® HRD option available?
- Do eTap® HRD brakes use DOT fluid or mineral oil?
- Why did SRAM choose DOT 5.1 over mineral oil?
- What is the bed-in procedure (brake preparation)?
- Are spare parts available in case the brake is damaged?
- Do the brakes come pre-bled from the factory?