Road chain management requirements are different than MTB, so they do not need to use the same mechanism. Our Orbit™ fluid damper is speed sensitive so that cage movement resulting from gear changes do not activate the clutch mechanism, only high speed cage rotations created by bumps pulling down on the chain will. That way the clutch is only used when it is required.
Articles in this section
- Can I use the eTap AXS rear derailleur without the front derailleur to make a 1x drivetrain?
- Is there a different eTap AXS rear derailleur for 2x and 1x drivetrains?
- What is the max cog size that is compatible with SRAM RED or Force eTap AXS™ rear derailleurs?
- Is there a WiFLi version of SRAM RED or Force eTap AXS™ rear derailleurs with a higher max cog size?
- What is the total drivetrain tooth capacity of SRAM RED or Force eTap AXS rear derailleurs?
- Do SRAM RED or Force eTap AXS road rear derailleurs feature Cage Lock?
- Why do SRAM RED and Force eTap AXS rear derailleurs use the new Orbit fluid clutch instead of the Roller Bearing Clutch used on SRAM’s mountain bike rear derailleurs?