Eagle AXS™ derailleurs use both our Type-3 roller bearing clutch and Overload Clutch. Type 3 roller bearing clutch is used to control cage movement and chain management. The Overload gearbox clutch protects the derailleur’s wireless motor in the event of impact.
Articles in this section
- What is the max cog size that is compatible with Eagle AXS™ rear derailleurs?
- What type of clutch mechanism does the Eagle AXS™ derailleur use? Is it the same as the new SRAM RED eTap AXS™ derailleur?
- What’s the difference between the roller bearing clutch and overload clutch?
- Why doesn’t Eagle™ use the new Orbit fluid clutch instead of the roller bearing clutch?
- What is the Overload Clutch?
- How robust is the Eagle AXS™ derailleur?
- Are 11-speed SRAM RED eTap™ derailleur batteries compatible with Eagle AXS™ and SRAM RED eTap AXS™ derailleurs?