No, they do not. The SRAM RED eTap AXS™ rear derailleur’s Orbit fluid clutch mechanism makes it unnecessary, as the derailleur can be easily pulled back by hand to clear the cassette when the wheel is removed making rear wheel changes easy. On tarmac or gravel, 1x or 2x, RED eTap AXS™ gives a quiet, secure, and smooth ride. Thanks to an ultra-lightweight fluid damper and a unique Flattop™ chain, you’ll ride more confidently and efficiently than ever—no matter the terrain.
Articles in this section
- Can I use the rear derailleur without the front derailleur to make a 1x drivetrain?
- Is there a different rear derailleur for 2x and 1x drivetrains?
- What is the max cog size that is compatible with SRAM RED eTap AXS™ rear derailleurs?
- Is there a WiFLi® version of SRAM RED eTap AXS™ rear derailleurs with a higher max cog size?
- What is the total drivetrain tooth capacity of SRAM RED eTap AXS™ rear derailleurs?
- Do SRAM RED eTap AXS™ road rear derailleurs feature Cage Lock?
- Why do SRAM RED eTap AXS™ rear derailleurs use the new Orbit™ fluid clutch instead of the Roller Bearing Clutch used on SRAM’s mountain bike rear derailleurs?